How many containers can you run on a single Tredly server – we get asked this a lot and the answer depends on a couple of things:
- The hardware resources (CPU, HDD, RAM)
- How much resources your containers require
Disregarding the above, you can run (using a single public IP):
- Unlimited number of containers servicing HTTP/HTTPS connections
- Up to 65000 containers receiving traffic on TCP ports
- Up to 65000 containers receiving traffic on UDP ports
Throw in another public IP and you getÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â 65,000 more TCP and UDP Ports (130,000 total).
Try running a couple thousand old school virtual machines on a single server.
Containers are fantastic for scale.